Sisters Keeping Love Alive

Sunday 26 May 2013

Surprise!!

I have been married 1 and a half months now and last week was my birthday. My new husband decided that he would do a survival class this semester and therefore, also had a compulsory camp to go to … on my birthday. Now I don’t mean to be a big whinger, it was a little sad that I also away from my family for the first time, but what Jacob did to make up for it was really a smart idea I think.




At first he had asked me if I wanted to go out on Saturday (when he got back from camp) and I thought it was a good idea. Then later in the week he asked me if I wanted to come for lunch on Thursday (the day before the camp) and I had a lot of school work and so, a little reluctantly, I accepted. Little did I know that he was planning a surprise lunch for me and at the time we agreed to meet he rode up to me on his bicycle with a large picnic basket and soft blanket to lay on. We went to a pretty park and had a fun lunch that he had taken time to plan out. This totally took my mind off the fact that he would be away for my birthday as he had surprised me before the fact and took the time to plan something fun.





I think the moral of the story is that surprises are the best. Everyone loves to feel special! And I think if there is something important your missing, it’s best to make it up before the fact. Maybe you feel like some spark is lacking from your relationship and that your partner ‘should’ (I hate that word) surprise you!! Well, who knows? Maybe your surprise and special treatment will inspire them to do something special for you too. A few hints in the right direction don’t hurt either.



1 comment:

  1. Everyone loves to be surprised. Your new husband is obviously winning points right now. Well done, brother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete