Sisters Keeping Love Alive

Thursday 11 April 2013

Go and do! Don’t just sit and stew!

Love is one of those things that you can’t plan when it happens, but you can make sure that you are always sharing it and are open to it. It can be special, unique and your own. It’s something that you need to take moment by moment and be creating in each moment. Here are some of my thoughts on how you get what you want in this area.


I need to share a little secret with the world! I like dating! I find it so fun and so rewarding when you get to learn lessons from different experiences and just be there to learn about another person! I am only 25, and with my limited years of life experience I have come to learn a few very important lessons. I thought I would start by sharing one of the most important motto’s that I have adopted in my life: “Go and Do, Don’t just Sit and Stew.”

I have come to learn that most people have the love life that they deserve. I hope that doesn’t come across the wrong way but if you want something you need to be willing to do what it takes to make it happen and if you don’t know what it will take to make it happen, you have to take the actions to experiment and learn how to make it happen.

We as humans like to come up with plenty of excuses as to why we can’t have what we want. In relating this to the dating world, I can give you an example, perhaps you see a guy and think “oh he is cute, I should go talk to him”, but then the next things that crosses your mind is ‘oh no I couldn’t do that because...’ and then you come up with a million what ifs that scare you off. You may not even notice this as you being scared, because all your reasons are so well ingrained into yourself and your view of how we should act in society. Well imagine what your dating life would be like without the what ifs or the what would they thinks or the I’m not good enoughs? Pish Posh!
 
You know what, guys used to freak me out! Talking to them, being on a date with them (especially with the cute ones that I was actually attracted too) yep it was really nerve wracking for a while there. Until I realized that they are probably just as scared of me as I am of them. I got rid of my what ifs (I still have them, I just don’t listen to them, the less you listen to them, the less you start to have) because they were all made up any way and I decided that if I liked someone or wanted to do something, then I was going to do what it took to make it happen! Go and Do! Don’t just sit and stew! And you know what happens, you stop caring so much about the little things like “oh but my hairs not right today” “I think I look fat in this” “I might get embarrassed” (If you get embarrassed, it probably means you’ll have a cool story to tell your friends later!) and you find that you can actually be there for another person and see yourself and them for who they really are.

 
What I found is that when I am out there doing the things that come into my mind, things just work! Sometimes you get into relationships and sometimes you don’t but you are being led to what you really want! Eventually you will find it and I bet it is when you least expect it, because that is when you have enough so that you really deserve it!

1 comment: