Sisters Keeping Love Alive

Friday 19 April 2013

My Happily Ever After

I got hitched!

Last saturday I was married to the sweetest, kindest, most loving man, Mr Jacob Hill.
There are alot of things I love about the way Jacob courted me that I would like to share but I thought I would start by telling our story today.  I love it!

It all started back in Brisbane when I decided I wanted to go on exchange with university. I was applying to go to University of California and was really hoping that would work out. When I applied I had to put down 3 preferences and even though I was sure I would get into California I decided to put down University of Calgary (as my sister, Natalie, had recently been on a world tour and stopped there) and Toronto, I think, although I couldn't remember the order I had placed them.

Turns out, my university wasn't taking applications to California that semester, and I got into University of Calgary and everything started to work out for me to go. I was very afraid to go and also afraid of freezing my butt off but soon after, discovered Lake Louise and that inspired me to get there!
 
 
 
I felt very good about going on exchange and when I flew in to Vancouver I felt very strongly that I needed to get to church in Calgary. I booked a cheap flight that night but when I got to the house I was staying at they told me that everyone had already been to Lake Louise as it was the end of summer. I was shattered. I really wanted to get there before the university semester started and it got too snowy!
 
The next day at church I met Jacob and a few other people and was just happy to be meeting everyone. After the first part of church Jacob came to set next to me and began to commence small talk. In my head I was thinking, "so these are the American guys I imagined" who are forward and flirty. Then after a few seconds I felt very strongly that Jacob was going to ask me to Banff/Lake Louise the next day (to me they were both the same).
 
So after class I waited, but no invitation. After church finished I waited and no invitation came. I thought that was odd but I didnt think too much of it. But that night, I received my first canadian phone call as Jacob knew where I was staying, and I also received my invitation to Banff for the next day. Jacob started off with some smooth talk and I was shocked that I already knew he would ask me. I didn't tell him that for a while, so as to not freak him out!!
 
 
 
So anyway, the next day we had our first date in Banff and hiking around Lake Louise. Then we spent every night that week together. We have had to do a bit of long distance as I have discusssed, but we have also had alot of cool experiences together that have brought us closer. One example, was Jacob having the opportunity to work in Australia for 6 months.
 
 
Anyway I basically knew I liked him from the start and from the way he treated me. There have been bumps in the road but we are learning to trust each other and trust the Lord and His counsel.
 
I am grateful I met Jacob and for the experienes we have had, I am so grateful I can now call him my husband. We were married in the Salt Lake City Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
 
 
 
I'm already learning that marriage is hard, but also rewarding and am grateful to know that I get to say how our relationship is and that together we can create happiness and love everyday! Til next time. K xoxo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful setting for a romantic wedding for a perfect couple... All our love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't know all of that! Like that you guys met straight away or that he worked in Australia! Cool stuff. And that Lake is gorgeous!!
    SOO excited for you guys and the photos are stunning Kristen!! Beautiful, beautiful :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. You two little lovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling post. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete